OIL 2T ITS FEATURES AND METHODS OF APPLICATION
FEATURES OF TWO-STROKE ENGINES
Two-stroke engines, unlike four-stroke ones, do not have a separate oil piping system. Lubrication in such motors is carried out by mixing 2T brand oil with gasoline in a certain proportion. The engine receives a mixture of fuel, air and lubricant particles. When the substance in the cylinder burns out, the oil is burned simultaneously with it. Mixing fuel and lubricant is possible in two ways:
- Liquids are poured into separate tanks. The fuel and lubricant mixture is formed in the fuel pipeline located between the cylinder and the carburetor. Units with this type of lubrication supply are more massive and heavier due to the presence of an additional reservoir, supply lines and a piston-type pump. But pouring into a separate container allows you to more accurately and economically dose the oil. The more fuel supplied to the engine, the more lubrication is supplied. Compliance with the balance reduces the consumption of the product, and the unit smokes less and cokes more slowly;
- 2T engine oil is poured directly into the gasoline tank. Mixing is carried out in proportions recommended by the manufacturer of a particular type of lubricant.
FEATURES OF OILS FOR TWO-STROKE ENGINES
2T engine oils are burned together with fuel, so they are subject to special requirements:
- Good miscibility with gasoline at low temperatures.
- High antiwear, lubricating, anticorrosive and protective properties at high temperatures.
- Minimum content of coke and ash. The ideal option is to completely burn the oil.
- Minimum amount of smoke.
- Ability to clean spark plugs and prevent pre-ignition.
- Good fluidity and pipeline pumpability (for two-stroke oil with separate reservoirs).
- Environmental safety, the ability to quickly decompose in the environment.
To give oils of the 2T standard special properties, a solvent is introduced into their composition. It allows the oil to be more efficiently distributed inside the engine, but reduces its lubricity. Therefore, the amount of solvent should not exceed 20%, and to neutralize its negative impact, the viscosity of the liquid is increased.
HOW TO CHOOSE OIL FOR A TWO-STROKE ENGINE
Mode of application. 2T oils are sold concentrated and ready to use. The finished lubricant is already diluted, it is immediately poured into a canister of fuel and mixed thoroughly. Concentrated formulations are diluted in advance in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
Foundation type. When choosing a lubricant for 2T engines, you must be guided by the manufacturer's recommendations. If a synthetic lubricant is recommended for a particular unit, you cannot fill in a mineral one and vice versa. Also consider engine mileage. Worn-out engines often use mineral oil due to the high amount of carbon deposits, and modern new engines with a metering or injection system use synthetic oil.
Appointment. Choose only special oils for two-stroke engines. Do not use lubricants for diesel or four-stroke gasoline engines. There are a lot of additives in such oils that will quickly disable equipment.
PRACTICAL RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE USE OF LUBRICANTS
It is recommended to mix 2T oils with unleaded gasoline of grade not lower than AI-90. Consideration should be given to the requirements of the specific technique. Usually the proportions are 1:50, that is, 100 ml of oil in 5 liters of fuel. For mixing use a canister or other container with measuring marks. The exact dosage of the components is important. Lack of oil will lead to engine wear, and excess oil will lead to the formation of carbon deposits on candles and pistons.
First, gasoline is poured into a clean container. The risk of water and dust entering the liquid must be avoided. Then add oil to the desired designation and tilt the container several times without jerking. After mixing, the liquid will acquire a uniform shade (color depends on the type of lubricant).
The finished mixture can be stored for 2 weeks in a metal canister with a tightly closed lid. If the tool will not be used for a long time, drain the fuel from the tank.
For the preparation of a combustible-oil mixture, it is forbidden to use plastic bottles from juices and other drinks. During storage, gasoline dissolves plastic. Polymer particles get into the fuel and then into the engine, damaging the carburetor.
POSSIBLE CONSEQUENCES OF INCORRECT OIL SELECTION
The indifference of the owners to their own technology leads to the fact that poor quality oil is poured into the engine, which is not intended for a particular type of engine. This may result in:
- clogging of piston rings;
- wear of piston group elements;
- formation of a deposit in cylinders;
- Limescale on the tips of the spark plugs, leading to pre-ignition and other problems.
When buying a 2T lubricant for an engine, you need to pay attention not only to the price. Preference should be given to materials from reliable manufacturers who have already established themselves in the market and can guarantee product quality. Large companies care about their reputation and do not save on lubricating oil components.
OILS 2T "VAMP"
The VAMP company is one of the largest manufacturers of motor oils in Ukraine. We test our products in our own research laboratory to guarantee the high quality of our products. Our range includes 2T motor oils for small-capacity engines of agricultural and garden equipment, as well as lubrication of snowmobiles, motorcycles and other machines.